PREP: 20 MINS | COOK: 1 HR | SERVES: 8-10
What you’ll need…
- 175g butter, diced and softened to room temperature
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 3/4 cup sultanas
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into 1cm dice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 60g butter, diced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 22cm spring form pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Place butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Add eggs one at a time until well incorporated.
- Add sour cream, followed by the flour, almond meal and spice. Mix until batter is smooth. Add sultanas, mixing in well. Spoon into prepared pan, smoothing the top. Sprinkle with diced apples.
- For the crumble, combine oats, sugar and butter in a bowl and using fingertips, rub to combine so mixture resembles chunky breadcrumbs. Mix in the almonds. Sprinkle over apples and bake for 1 hour or until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Serve warm with custard or cream.