PREP: 20 MINS | COOK: 40 MINS | SERVES: 6
What you’ll need…
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 40ml orange juice
- 4 extra large eggs
- 300ml pouring cream
- 250ml milk
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 small croissants, halved horizontally
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Combine sultanas and juice in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, sugar and vanilla.
- Sprinkle some of the sultanas and chocolate over the base of a rectangular baking dish. Arrange half of croissants in the baking dish, slightly overlapping. Sprinkle with more of the sultanas and chocolate. Top with remaining croissants, sultanas and chocolate.
- Pour egg mixture over croissants allowing time for it to be absored, approximately 30 minutes. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake pudding for 35-40 minutes or until set. Serve warm with cream or ice-cream.