Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 30 Minutes
What You’ll Need
150g Sunbeam Mixed Fruit
180g Sunbeam Australian Sultanas
160g Sunbeam Raisins
150g Sunbeam Currants
100g Angas Park Dried Pears
(approx. 7 pieces)
1/2 cup cloudy apple juice
50ml pear liqueur or brandy
100g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
125g butter, chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup plain flour
1/2 tsp each of mixed spice, cinnamon and nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh white breadcrumbs
50g Sunbeam Slivered Almonds
- Place mixed fruit, sultanas, raisins, currants, pears and apple juice into a large saucepan, cover and cook over medium heat for 7 minute, stirring occasionally. Place in refrigerator to cool completely then add pear liqueur (or brandy).
- Melt chocolate and butter together, stirring occasionally. Cool and gradually beat in eggs. Pour into fruit and combine.
- Sift flour, spices and salt into a large bowl. Add brown sugar, breadcrumbs and almonds. Pour in chocolate fruit mixture and mix until well combined.
- Spray pudding bowl with oil and line bottom with baking paper.
- Spoon mixture into the pudding bowl and smooth the top. Top with a baking paper round and lid.
- Cook in microwave on defrost setting (300W) for 30 minutes, check if a skewer inserted into the pudding comes out clean. If not cooked, microwave at 5 minute intervals, until the skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from microwave and stand for 10 minutes, before turning out.
Recipe provided by Sunbeam Dried Fruits