Prep: 30 minutes
Cook: 90 minutes
What You’ll Need
- 500g Sunbeam Mixed Fruit
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g butter
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cooked pumpkin, cold and mashed
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 cup self raising flour, sifted
- Preheat oven to 160⁰C. Grease and line a 20cm round cake tin.
- Bring to the boil mixed fruit, sugar, syrup, butter and apricot nectar, stirring all the time and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add bicarbonate of soda.
- Allow mixture to cool.
- Add eggs and pumpkin. Beat till smooth. Then add flours and mix well to combine.
- Place in tin and bake for 90 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.