PREP: 15 MINS | COOK: 25 MINS | SERVES: 6
What you’ll need…
- 6 small pink lady apples
- 1/4 cup raisins, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 20g butter, diced and softened
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- Custard or cream, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Cut a 2cm slice off the top of each apple and set aside. Using a spoon or melon scoop, scoop out the core of the apple. Place apples in a baking dish.
- Combine the raisins, walnuts, sugar, butter and spice. Using fingertips, mix it all together until a rough mixture has formed. Spoon into the cavity of each apple and bake for approx. 25 minutes until apples are tender. If using the tops of the apples, add to the oven half way through cooking time and serve these with the baked apples.