PREP: 15 MINS | COOK: 35 MINS | SERVES: 4-6
What you’ll need…
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 80g butter, melted
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup raisins, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1.2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 4 cup capacity baking dish.
- Combine flour, almond meal, sugar and cocoa in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, eggs and milk. Add to the dry ingredients with the raisins and mix well. Spoon into baking dish
- For the sauce, combine the water, sugar and cocoa. Pour over the batter in the baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until cake is cooked. Serve warm with ice-cream, cream or custard.